Planet Wisdom


So this past weekend I went to Planet Wisdom with my youth group. Its a conference led by Mark Matlock and Dawson Mcallister. The topic was the last 14 hours of Jesus's life.It was a really good topic to talk about. The big thing that stuck out to me was Jesus was human just like us and he didn't want to die, yet he loved us so much that he did. Mark 14: 36 -36"Abba,Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." This passage shows that he didn't want to but he knew we wouldn't be forgiven by God if he didn't so he died on the cross for us. Another important point was that Jesus dies of suffocation. Fluid filled up in his lungs and no air could get out and thats how he suffocated.

Something I think we all have to ask ourselves is Jesus made his choice by dying for us and now we have to make ours.. Is Jesus worth living for?

The chorus of a song by Dutton that has been stuck in my head
This is the good news
Our God became one of us
And this is the good news
The God of the universe became a man
to stand in the gap for us

When heaven came down and kissed the earth

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback.

thanks for reading and sharing :)

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Life