Step

Every Monday and Wednesday I have a step aerobics class at North Hennepin. Its actually a lot of fun. But yesterday as i was doing the steps, I felt like in a way I can compare step to my walk with God. When I was doing step I felt like I was just going through the motions. Step up with right foot, step down with left.. and so on. Sometime my walk with God can feel like that. get up , go to school, come home, go to work, do homework, then quiet time with God, then get up the next day and do the same thing all over again. I felt like i was just going through the motions. Then I remembered that song by Matthew West " Going through the motions"
Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
God just reminded it doesn't have to be like that. Throughout the day we should always be thinking about him. Then my quiet time should just be a longer time that we don't get when we are busy during the day. ok those are my thoughts. Tomorrow I'm going up to Trout with my church for retreat, should be fun. The theme is "ReJesusize"
Have a good weekend

Comments

  1. Isn't it cool how God speaks to out of the blue as we are going about our day. These are some pretty awesome thoughts. I am looking forward to reading more.... keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweet girl, so sorry about your trout fall! Good post Alyssa! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback.

thanks for reading and sharing :)

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life