What a beautiful day

So guys sorry I have been away for so long. I was little discouraged and didnt feel like blogging but then on Saturday I went over to my Grandmas house and my uncle told me that he liked reading my blog so I decided to get back into it.
So yesterday I heard 2 great sermons yesterday. But today I am going to talk about the first one. So my youth pastor and his family are in Florida right now vacationing so we had a special guest speaker and his name was Dan. He talked about prayer.





The big thing that was convicting to me was that when we ask, we may not get it what we ask for but no matter what God will always answer us. We looked at this passage
5 But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous to everyone and will give you wisdom without criticizing you. 6 But when you ask God, you must believe and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown up and down by the wind.7-8 Such doubters are thinking two different things at the same time, and they cannot decide about anything they do. They should not think they will receive anything from the Lord.
(James 1:5-8)
We also talked about how this passage can be sometimes be read the wrong way. Some people may think it says that we believe not doubt, God will give what we ask but really this verse means when we ask for something we should believe but not assume we will get it.




I feel this is my verse of the week because for those of you who don't know, my car broke down so right now I am relying on my parents for rides everywhere. Its gets hard sometimes and lately i have been praying for a car and have been looking everyday but this verse has taught me just because I may ask God and I really believe he will give me one, I need to realize that I will get one in his time.
So those are my God-thoughts for the day.
have a great Monday :)

Comments

  1. Good thoughts, don't get discouraged!! I love reading when you post. =) Praying you find a car....!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback.

thanks for reading and sharing :)

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life