I love weekends

I love going to Corner coffee on Saturdays with my roommate. Just sitting and talking and being in atmosphere and with live music made it a great start to a morning.

I love when my best friend texts me that we should meet up because she is coming to the cities for 24 hours so we do and get fro yo which besides coffee is my favorite thing in the world.

I love the invention of Skype and being able to chat with my friend about my trip to Japan.
I love packing for vacations.

Sunday was just as great as Saturday minus the fact its the last day before returning to work :(

I love seeing the genuine emption my pastor has when he preaches especially when its about choosing to walk through the wilderness, fasting on something so I can feast on something else.
He challenged us with the question of how is my soul? Then he offered us space to sit and reflect on it.


I love that God connected it to my discover group that meets on Monday night and the book we are studying is about our soul.


I love that I got to see an old family friend and catch up at Avant coffee shop in Anoka. She was so joyful and encouraging as she has a difficult job but continues to show up for those kids who don't know how to receive love.  She is being used by God by dealing with the most difficult kids of the school and caring for them even when they act out and run away. It was like God was saying " Alyssa look beyond your job and see Me in the midst of it."


I love discussing Steadfast love by Lauren Chandler with a friend that is in my discover group.

I love that I feel that God is calling me to start an IF table and that a lady from church chose to sit with me and teach me how to start one. 

I love hanging out with 9 year olds on a Sunday night and getting beat at Battleship, Yahtzee and Uno.

 One thing I love about Mondays, spending my lunch break at Caribou and reading a book. So much peace and calm in the midst of a crazy job. I love that God meets me there and provides a chance for the quiet.

What do you love about your weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life