Where are you Christmas?

Have you heard that song from Grinch, Where are you Christmas? Cindy Lou Who sings it after seeing the Grinch at the post office. I don't know why but  I love the melody. I think my favorite Christmas song is a tie between  Do you hear what I hear by Anthem Lights and Mary Did you know by Go Fish or Pentatonix

This season is all about waiting and anticipation of Jesus coming to Earth and being born. I think this season is so good about focusing on Jesus. But sometimes I get caught up on making it about me and things I am waiting for. Its good to self reflect and notice how God is working in your life. I can name two things that I am waiting for and I can't wait to see how and when God will bring them into my life or change these desires. I have just realized that this time last year I was so focused on blessings God is going to give me and not Jesus and his birth.

I don't know where I am really going with this but God has just changed my perspective on this season. I want to be celebrating the fact that Love came down so I could know God. This season should be about less than what God is going to provide for me and more about the anticipation that Jesus was born as a human so he could later die for us humans.


Hope this post wasn't a down but just thankful that this season is about my Savior and not me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life