Garden of Eden

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” Genesis 2:16-17 


I was reading  Tailor Made  by Alex Seeley yesterday and she talked about this passage. She talked about how Eve was looking for something she thought she didn't have: wisdom. But I also think Eve was looking for control. So in her pride she fell into the temptation to go her own way do her own thing and eat from the tree. 

That's when I believe the Holy Spirit reminded me that I succumb to the same temptation: believing that I don't have control and I need it and once I have it, everything will turn out right.


In my present situation, I see how it looks like not waiting for God to provide a teaching job for me. I apply for every job whether its teaching related or not just so I can have something full time. Forgetting that God promised me a classroom in His timing and has called me to be a teacher. 
It took me until yesterday to realize that I will never have control of any situation in my life. Its harder to practice but the easiest thing for me to do is trust God and believe he has the best in store for me. 

Then this verse popped up on my Bible app today: " So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you." Hebrews 10:35

Now I trust and give back control to the One who had it the whole time. 




Comments

  1. Writing a good essays isn't a really difficult job. One key aspect of any academic paper is how well the question is answered.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback.

thanks for reading and sharing :)

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom