Life

I know I have been in and out in blog world but I have been really busy here at college and I am loving it. But I also have been learning alot and growing in my relationship with God. But its hasn't always been happy joyful times in my walk with God. God has put this story on my heart to share with you guys. So i am going to and sorry there won't be many pictures.
Ok so as you know college is EXPENSIVE, especially a private Christian college. Anyways, I did recieve some scholarships and feel very blessed that I did but the plan was I would get an on campus job to cover the other expenses that the scholarships didn't, like room and board. So in the beginning of the year there were all these job openings, and i applied to many of them such as working in the student billing office, finacial aid office,newspaper etc But I didn't get any interviews and they became filled. So during the week the interviews for the finacial aid office was going on, I knew a girl that got an interview and I didn't. She kept talking about how she hopes she gets it and I couldn't help feeling sad because I didn't get one. Well then this other position opened on the newspaper. It was the business manager position where you manage the business aspect of the newspaper such as getting advertising and mananging the budget. So I told God, " this is great, this girl can get the finacial aid office job, and I will get the business manager job, it will work out great." Well that didn't happen. The business manager position got filled by someone else, and the girl got the finacial aid office job. I was freaking out because the rest of the jobs were filled, and :"I might have to pull out second semester because I can't afford it." "What am I going to do?"
Well that morning there was a speaker at Chapel. Her name was Grace Fabian and she had been a missionary for many years in papa new guinea. When she first got there, her prayer was that she would feel like a part of the numtuk people. ( the indegineous tribe there) So a few years later, her husband was working with a numtuk translator on translating the new testament for the people there. She told God "This is great my husband will get the the new testament translated just in time so they can go back to the United states so there kids can go to college. Well it didn't turn out that way, while her husband was translating, the numtuk translator started hearing demonic voices and to get rid of the voices, he grabbed an ax and slammed it into Grace's husband's head, thinking he was the voice. Grace saw it all and the husband died.
A year later there was a reconcilation ceremony for Grace becasue she learned to forgive the man who killed her husband. The wife of the husband told her at this ceremony, they consider Grace a part of the family because she forgave the man and God used this terrible thing for Grace to become a part of the numtuk people. He answered her prayer in the most unexpected way but through this story I learned that I can't tell God what to do. He is God, He is good and like my fav verse says "All things work together for good for those who love Him" Romans 8:28

God used Grace and my mom to remind me not to worry and God will take care of everything.

“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’
32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Matt 6:31-32 (NLT)
So I need to remember that God is good, He loves me and take care of me. And now theres a job opening in the Teacher Ed. office and thats my major so maybe this is the job God wants me to have, maybe I won't get the job and if I don't then its ok, God has got my life under control. And one other lesson God has been teaching me is that I need to forgive and move on with my life because I was mad that I didn't get the manager position, and I didn't like the editor of the newspaper, and I didn't even want to look at her whenever I saw her, but God has helped me to move on and to love her no matter what because I see her all the time in the hallway and now instead of looking the other way, I now smile and say hi.
ok thanks for reading this, its really long.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the upppdate cute girl! You are doing great and what a fun learning experience! Praying for a great new work study job for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love Grace Fabian. She spoke at Northwestern last week, and it was just amazing--I love her story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback.

thanks for reading and sharing :)

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom