Surrender

This past weekend I got the chance to up north. I mean beyond Duluth up to Lutsen and even to Grand Marais for a day.

If you have never been you must take a chance and go there. I loved it up there and I got to see God's glorious creation. Our cabin was on Lake Superior and it was so beautiful.
I think I spend the majority of my time sitting on the rocks to listen to the waves.
Then the Holy Spirit convicted me of the discontentment I was battling and how it was hindering my relationship with God. I just wanted to be a full time teacher or have a long term sub job.

Let's get real: We always want more and that is what I wanted. I wanted God to bless me with a job right now.
FINALLY He got my attention and I SURRENDERED it all!! I gave it to God and said "let your will be done. Let your desires be my desires. " Then this light breeze blew across the lake and I can't describe the abudance of peace I felt. I knew it was from my Hevanly Father.
Next I walked along the shore and picked up three different rocks and each one represented something: sub job, discontentment, and full time job. I threw each one into to the lake just to release them from my life.  Whew!!! What a freeing experience!! God took them from me and gave me peace.
I am learning He is always good, always sovereign and always wants what's best for me.
I can't wait to see where God will take me this school year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life