More than enough

 Confession time: I struggle with comparison. It is definitely an insecurity of mine.

Wow you probably didn't think I would start out with a confession and get vulnerable right away. Well I did and now that we have got that out of the way I feel a little bit lighter.

This summer has been all about uncovering what has taken root in my heart and letting the Holy Spirit bring it to the surface so I can be forgiven and experience the freedom I have been longing for.
"I wish I could be outgoing as her."
"If only I had as many friends as her"
" I wish I could be her because she has a teaching job at a school that she loves."
" Why can't I be funny like her?"

These are only a small glimpse into thoughts that have been rolling around in my mind.
A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about how ungrateful I am being. By comparing myself to others I have allowed myself to be a complainer and not thankful for the personality God has given me.
I have also heard it said that comparison is the thief of joy. I was tired of being stuck in my thoughts and feeling negative all the time.
Holy Spirit got a hold of me and convicted me of my ungrateful thoughts. I was able to lay my sin down in front of a Holy, forgiving God.
Right after confessing my sin I started reading Wild and Free by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan.
I came across this quote that summed up the freedom that I now have "We are not tools in His tool belt; we are dearly loved daughters set free by His Son."

I can now reclaim the freedom that comparison stole from me.



P.S. another quote that I love and just had to include in this post.


"Because what we want even more than to be in control is to be cared for by Someone who truly loves us. .... And we are!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life