Good things take time

This weekend I am down in Iowa visiting my cousins with my parents and Haylee. We are having beautiful weather. My parents got to take a nap. Haylee and I bought lularoe leggings at the mall. Overall I am thankful for this vacation that God has provided. As much as I say I don't like to have time to myself, I realize God knows when I need it and will place it in my day before I even realize it.

This afternoon I got to go on a walk around the neighborhood by myself and just process all the things God is doing in my life.

In the past week, I quit my job, accepted a new job and a side job, and got to try new things.
Last year I was so set on the fact that God was calling me to give up my teaching dream since every door seem to be closing. I took a job working for a health insurance company but kept wondering why God would call me to major in education but not to get s job into it. I felt like my dream was dying with every passing day.

Last summer my cousin April told me that I would make a good early childhood teacher. I didn't think much of it... Cue 6 months later where I applied to work at a new preschool just for fun. Within 24 hours I got an interview and a job offer. They wanted me to teach prekindergarten students. That's the exact age group I wanted . I ended up accepting the job and was amazed to see God's hand in it.
I start on Monday.

Last weekend I felt like my life was too comfortable. I don't know if you have ever gotten that feeling but it was so strong I could not ignore it. I could hear the Holy Spirit whisper have faith. As I prayed about it I felt like I should check into selling Mary Kay. I loved the mission behind it, to empower women. I contacted my neighbor who is a consultant. She affirmed everything I said and I knew I was in the right place. So here I am ready to embark on a new teaching path and Mary Kay consultant  

Thankful that God is with me every step of the way. He holds my future in his hands and that's the best thought ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life