Moving out of Mallard

Time has finally come to say goodbye to living at Mallard. Its amazing how fast 12 months has gone by. Kassandra, Alexi and I moved into this apartment May 2016 and now our 12 month lease is up.
Alexi and i will be moving to another apartment 2 bedroom and 2 bath :) on june 15th. This apartment is being so generous about renovating our unit and giving us new flooring and stainless steel appliances.

In the meantime, I moved all my boxes of stuff back home today. You realize how much stuff you own when it comes time to move out. I am just trying to make the best of living out of boxes for 18 days. As you recall my sister took my room when I moved out last year so she could have her own room. I am crashing on an air mattress. Least I have to wear a uniform at my job so as long as I have those clothes out I think I will survive ;)

I think reflecting is a good strategy to use when processing life events and so I thought I would list some memories I made at Mallard.

The first weekend I moved in, I threw my roommate a surprise party/ game night out in the yard. From then on we started having game nights once a month or so with people from church. I was also able to have my middle school girls from church over a few times when we made Christmas cookies and had a valentine day party. Our unit also came with a washer/dryer in the unit which was also a blessing. I learned how to cook food for myself lol and on the side of that coin was that my parents lived less than 5 minutes away. The location was awesome including 5 minutes from our church. Kelly and I hung out at the apartment pool a few times. Kassandra and I went to the national night out event that the apartment hosted. I met some new neighbors at this event. Alexi and I blogged on our balcony a few times. Overall I had a really good experience at this apartment especially for it being my first place. I am looking forward to more adventures in my new place

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life