Rooted

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 2:6-7

Lately as in the last two weeks, I have been learning a lot about being rooted in Christ. I am in two small groups and serve with my church's youth group. In all three groups we are studying Ephesians and God is just blowing my min revealing two overall themes to me: Being Chosen and Rooted. One of my Bible Studies is called Rooted which is cool.
First we are chosen by God, the Creator of the Universe, that should blow your mind ! That makes me feel overwhelmed by His love

Second I can't do anything apart from Christ and that is ok. I am trying to break the habit of reading my Bible in the morning and then never acknowledging God throughout my day. Even though I know internally that he cares about EVERY detail of my life. I couldn't put it into practice. Then as I started to study Ephesians, I saw the Holy Spirit reminding me to stay connected to Him throughout the day.

I noticed how God provided the strength, grace and joy that I needed to enjoy the day. I started extending those same characteristics to others because of the short conversations I was having in my head with Jesus. Then I became more open to recognizing his voice when he would say something to me or placed a Bible verse on my mind.

I don't know, this rant is just me processing this season that I am in and noticing how Jesus brings it all together.
'17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. And may you, having been [deeply] rooted and [securely] grounded in love, Ephesians #: 17 AMP versions 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life