Things I take for granted

Happy Sunday!!! As most of you know I have been subbing to fill my time while I wait for the teacher to have a baby so I can start being a long term sub.


Last week I subbed at an Early Childhood Center for students with special needs. It was only supposed to be a half day job. Then they asked me if I could stay around for the afternoon since they were short staff. I worked into two different classrooms. In both classrooms, there were 4-5 students. The morning was tough because the students needed a lot of care. It wasn't your typical preschool classroom. The students didn't have structure instead had a lot of free play time. I can't even think of how to describe it but long and an emotional day

As I drove home that day I started reflecting on why I was so emotionally exhausted. God opened my eyes that it was tough to see the kids not be able to do "normal" school stuff. Most of the kids can't really talk so its a lot of songs and movement. The sadness led me to an attitude of gratefulness. God showed me there are things in my life that I take for granted.

I decided to make a list for myself to help me process.


1.   I can communicate with other people.
2. I can go out to eat with my friends
3. I get to enjoy reading
4. I can pray for the students that have special needs
5. I can express and experience God's creation.
6. My body can physically move & exercise.


I just challenge you to reflect on things that you may have taken for granted and turn your eyes to Him and praise him for them.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life