We are never without hope

" Allow Jesus to fill your heart with a perfect love that casts out all fear and causes you to walk in boldness and confidence . There is no weapon formed against you that can prosper. ... We are never without hope because we are never without Jesus." Devotional from the You version Bible App 

I have been thinking a lot about worry and lack of control. It always seem to happen after a job interview or an interaction with someone that I think I said something wrong. I stew about the mistake for so long that I drown out His voice. You know the Holy Spirit's whisper. 

 This happened to me yesterday when I was driving home and I felt like I could have done better or said more. That's when I realized that what the Enemy wanted me to think and obsess over because then I am taking control of my life. I heard " Be still, not your control, my control" whisper over my heart. I started mediating on Psalm 46:10 " Be still and know that I am God, I will exalted among the nations and I will be exalted among the world." I started praying " Father help me be still." It was so great to see how God eased my worries through this experience. 

Then later last night I was talking to my friend Kassie about how we don't have control over our lives once we surrender them to Jesus. This can be a terrifying thought or a freeing thought . If you think about it, God didn't want his children to worry about anything so I am choosing to think about the freedom that lies in yielding to God, believing, and claiming that God is in control and my job is to trust and be still. I will give my best and believe that God will work through that.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life