If only life was like running

If you know me, you know that I love to run. I can't run fast and I don't like to run long distances.  But the reason I run, besides wanting the exercise, is to connect with God and to practice perseverance in a tangible way.
I recently purchased new NIKE running shoes and love them which motivates me even more to run. I only run 5ks right now but hope to run a 10k and eventually a half marathon soon.



I guess the reason I explain my reasons for running is because today I got caught running in the rain. I planned on doing a longer run since I have a 5k coming up and want to be in shape for it. As soon as I started on the walk with my mom it started raining. She turned around to go back home where as I kept running. When I was running I felt like the Lord was cleansing me from all my negative thoughts. With every step I took, more peace came and the hard thoughts fell away. It was super invigorating.


Then I get back from the run and of course the thoughts come flooding back. That's when I realize that even though the run is over ,I still have to be dependent on God every minute of the day.

Even though I wish when I was running I could forget the negative thoughts and circumstances and hurt that I am currently feeling I know that is not how life works.

So I choose to cling to this verse today and everyday even when I am not running

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decisions

Planet Wisdom

Life